- Class rooms: SCMS has spacious classrooms with LCD projector, facility of collar mikes and a Public address system. Ours is a fully Wi-Fi enabled campus.
- Computer Laboratory: The institute has a well-equipped computer laboratory, with LCD Projector and internet connectivity, to facilitate the teaching-learning process.
- Library & Reading Room: Our Library houses some of the finest collections of management &course specific books, classics, fiction & non- fiction books, periodicals, journals, newspapers, CDs, DVDs, etc. The noteworthy feature is the digital library which enables access to e-journals, e-books and online databases and catalogs.
- Students’ Interaction lounge: The Interaction lounge of our centre helps our students to interact freely with our faculty members and extend learning beyond the classroom.
- Placement Cell: In order to carry out the placement related activities for the Third year students the college has constituted the Placement Cell.
- Audio Visual Room and Conference Hall: For presentations by corporate representatives during conduct of workshop / for placement, or for presentations by faculty/staff we have Audio Visual Room. To conduct meeting / discussions a separate Conference Hall is available.
- Indoor Games room: Indoor games like Table tennis, carom, chess, scrabble, etc. are available in the institute for the purpose of rejuvenating the students.
- Outdoor sports facility: Outdoor sports facility for playing basketball, volleyball, football and cricket are available within our campus area.
- Music room: A well- equipped music room with all modern wind and string instruments is available for use of our students.
- Scrollers: Important information is disseminated to the students instantly through scrollers strategically positioned in all the floors.
CANTEEN, MESS, HOSTEL & CAMPUS FACILITY
The campus houses a cafeteria that serves multi-cuisine food. Mess - The Campus has a mess which serves both vegetarian as well as non-vegetarian breakfast, lunch, evening snacks & dinner.
Hostel facility is available for girls as well as for boys with limited seats. Hostel has twin / triple sharing, well furnished rooms with Wi-Fi facility, hot and cold water facilities throughout the day, attached bath & toilets, generator backup, indoor games / recreations rooms with TV, guest rooms, housekeeping and round the clock security. Due to shortage of accommodation hostel is allotted on first come first serve basis. It is located within a radius of 1 km from the campus.
CONVENIENCE STORE :
The campus has an in-house convenience store for gaining access to necessities.
The campus has a reprography center which helps students with supply of necessary stationery, photocopying and print out facilities.
The campus has a gym set up with all latest equipment.
HEALTH CARE CENTRE :
We have a health care center on campus with one doctor and medical staff. The students use this facility to undergo their health checkup every year.
Corporation Bank has set up an ATM in the campus for the facility of students, faculty and staff.
Café Coffee Day has installed an outlet in campus which besides coffee, serves snacks to students.
BACHELOR OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION - (BBA)
The BBA program is a full-time, three-year graduation program spread over six semesters which aims at transforming a student into a socially responsible global corporate citizen. This program with its intensive and updated syllabus and a wide range of additional modules would indeed enable the student to aspire for higher studies in premium business schools in India and abroad.
Cafeteria Approach: The Institute follows a cafeteria curriculum which was successfully launched from the Academic Year 2011-12. The Cafeteria curriculum has been designed to allow flexibility to the students to take up courses of their choice resulting in the award of a general BBA or BBA with single or dual specialization.
The program is of 150 credits having a combination of core courses and elective courses. The cafeteria approach encourages and allows students to choose elective courses from across various specializations.
The institute offers six specializations from the Academic year 2013-14:
- Human Resource Management
- Marketing Management
- Accounting & Finance
- International Business
- Environmental Management
- Entrepreneurship Management
ACCA - SCMS, Pune has signed an MOU with ACCA (Association of Charted Certified Accountants), UK to offer training to the select students.
The Placement Cell is an integral part of our institute. Our placement cell has been immensely successful in creating and maintaining a good network across top notch companies in all sectors, thereby ensuring opportunities to students for recruitment with promising career options. The students registering for placements undergo extensive training ranging from career guidance to soft-skill building. This enhances students’ confidence thus helping them perform better at the time of recruitments. Since its inception, SCMS-Pune has seen the presence of many successful companies who have offered our students positions in major domains such as human resources, marketing, consultancy, advertising and finance. Some of the companies which periodically visit our campus for the purpose of offering campus recruitments to our students include KPMG, PWC, Zomato, Food Panda, JLL, UPS, Tresvista, IKYA Global, Grofers, Edelwiess, GPW, Iplace, etc. Our alumni through the years have brought laurels to SCMS with their decision making positions in various organizations. For more details please visit www.scmspune.ac.in
METHOD OF INSTRUCTION:
The Institute strongly believes in interactive learning through lectures, workshops, Industrial visits, Case studies, Project work and field trips, Research Projects, Internships and Simulations.
PROFILE OF STUDENTS
An important 'take-away' of being a Symbiosis product comes out of the long-standing commitment to diversity. The difference in opinions, convictions, economic background, gender, nationality brings life to our campus community and fosters tolerance. The environment causes intellectual churning and therefore brings out the best in our students. The Institute has students from more than 30 different countries studying on the same campus.
After completing the program students can pursue higher education in any of the premier management institutes in India or abroad. Students who do not wish to pursue further studies will have placement opportunities in various areas such as Finance, Marketing, Sales, Human Resource Management, International Business Management and Environmental Management. One of our important aims is to capacitate and motivate our students to be budding entrepreneurs.
- Passed XII or equivalent course in any discipline from any recognized Board/ Council/ University with minimum 50% marks for general (open) category and 45% marks for students of SC and ST category.
- Qualifying the Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET), Personal Interaction and Written Ability Test (PI-WAT) of our Institute.
Admissions for all International students are done through Symbiosis Centre for International Education (SCIE) of Symbiosis International University. If you are an international Student, please visit:www.scie.ac.in
Intake for the BBA programme in Pune
Indian Students: 240
International Students (Including NRI, PIO and OCI students): 60
Reservation of seats for special categories:
Differently abled: 3%
Wards of Serving/ Retired Defense Personnel: 5%
Kashmiri migrants - 2 seats over and above intake
SET and Programme Registration Begins
January 25, 2018, Thursday
Last date to apply and pay for SET
April 14, 2018, Saturday
Last date of Online registration Payment for Institute By DD
||May 11, 2018
|Payment for Institute By online
||May 14, 2018
SET Admit Card Generation
April 21, 2018 Saturday
May 05, 2018, Saturday
May 14, 2018, Monday
Announcement of Shortlist for Personal Interaction & Written Ability
|| May 16, 2018
Group Exercise, Personal Interaction & WAT - Pune
Group Exercise, Personal Interaction & WAT - Noida
23 May - 25 May 2018
26 May - 29 May 2018
Announcement of First Merit list
||June 5, 2018
Last date for payment of fees for candidates in the first merit list
|| 11 June, 2018
|| 25 June, 2018
*PI-WAT at Noida will be conducted subject to a minimum demand by 50 students
It is the responsibility of the candidates to ascertain whether they possess the requisite qualifications for admission. Having been admitted provisionally does not mean acceptance of eligibility. Final eligibility of admission will be decided by Symbiosis International University
Any attempt to impersonate or indulge in any malpractice, identified at any stage of the admission process would disqualify the candidate from the admission process to any program of Symbiosis International University and may also lead to appropriate legal action as deemed fit.
Candidates are advised to have the train/ air bookings done soon after they have taken SET. The Centre will be unable to change the (PI-WAT) schedule announced along with the results. However keep a track for recent updates on our website.
Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies, Pune
Survey No.231, Viman Nagar,
Pune - 411014
: email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org ,
(only for admission queries) : 020-26634531/33
Please visit us on: www.facebook.com/scmspuneofficial
For more details please visit www.scmspune.ac.in