Symbiosis Entrance Test Overview
The Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET) is a common written test for the admission processes at the undergraduate institutes of Symbiosis International University established as under Section 3 of the UGC Act 1956 vide notification No.F.9.12/2001 U.3 of the Govt. of India. In the year 2002 there were 3 constituent institutes of SIU. Subsequently ten more iinstitutes of Symbiosis have been brought under the ambit of the Symbiosis International University vide notification No.F.9.12/2006-U.3 (A).
This is a mandatory written test for the admission process for the undergraduate programmes at the following Symbiosis institutes:-
- Symbiosis Law School - [SLS] - Pune
- Symbiosis Law School - [SLS] - NOIDA
- Symbiosis Institute of Computers Studies and Research - [SICSR]
- Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies - [SCMS] - Pune
- Symbiosis Center for Media & Communication - [SCMC]
- Symbiosis School of Economics -[SSE]
- Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies - [SCMS] - NOIDA
- Symbiosis Institute of Design - [SID]
- Symbiosis School of Liberal Arts - [SSLA]
- Symbiosis Law School [SLS] - Hyderabad
- Symbiosis School of Culinary Arts - [SSCA]
The Symbiosis Institute of Technology (SIT) also admits students through JEE Main conducted at the national level.
However, SET is not mandatory for the following:
- Symbiosis institute of Technology (SIT).
- Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences (SIHS).
- Symbiosis College of Nursing (SCON).
- Symbiosis School of Photography (SSP).
- Symbiosis School for Liberal Arts (SSLA) :- (For International Baccalaureate (IB) students are exempt from SET)
Note: Candidates who are applying to Symbiosis Institute of Technology (SIT) and Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences (SIHS), Symbiosis School of Nursing (SCON), Symbiosis School for Liberal Arts (SSLA) [for IB students only] and for Symbiosis School of Photography (SSP) candidate should visit their websites for further details.
Candidate should note that SET is only the first step. Each Symbiosis institute has its independent selection process.
- The SET-2017 has 5 different papers:-, General, Design, Law, Engineering and Health Sciences.
- The test will be conducted in two sessions, morning and afternoon.
- A candidate may take more than one paper. However, he will have to choose one paper from the morning session and one paper from the afternoon session.
Session and Time
9.30 am to 12.00 noon
Symbiosis Law School [SLS] - Pune
Symbiosis Law School [SLS] -Noida
Symbiosis Law School [SLS]- Hyderabad
Symbiosis Institute of Design [SID]
2.30 pm to 5.00 pm
Symbiosis Institute of Computers Studies and Research [SICSR]
Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies [SCMS] - Pune
Symbiosis Center for Media & Communication [SCMC]
Symbiosis School of Economics [SSE]
Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies [SCMS]-Noida
Symbiosis School for Liberal Arts [SSLA]
Symbiosis School of Culinary Arts [SSCA]
Symbiosis Institute of Technology [SIT]
Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences [SIHS]
Symbiosis College of Nursing [SCON]
A candidate aspiring to pursue an undergraduate programme at Symbiosis should carefully follow the actions to be taken in 3 stages mentioned below:
STAGE-1: SET TEST
- Register online at www.set-test.org
- You may register for one paper in the morning (for example, Law or Design), and one paper in the afternoon session (for example, Engineering,General or Health Sciences).
- For Engineering and Health Sciences, if a candidate applies for seek admission on the basis of test other than SET, he/she need not register for SET; rather he/she may apply directly to the concerned institute.
- You need to upload your latest scanned photograph at the time of registration.
- Follow the instructions for payment of test fee of Rs. 1500/- on the SET Website.
- Print “admit card” directly from the SET Website from Saturday, April 22, 2017 onwards.
- Bring the admit card and a photo identity proof to the test centre. It will be authenticated during the Test. (Candidates shall preserve the authenticated admit card till the admission processes of the desired Symbiosis institutes are over.)
- If the admit card is lost, no duplicate admit card will be issued.
- Appear for the test.
Stage-2: Registration and Payment the desired SIU institute(s)/Programme(s).
- Candidates can pay to an institute through the SET Website (www.set-test.org).
- To apply for admission to an institute, a candidate must select for the relevant SET paper.
For example, to apply to Symbiosis Law School, pay for Law paper at SET.
- Candidates applying to Symbiosis Institute of Technology (SIT), Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences (SIHS), Symbiosis College Of Nursing (SCON) with other than SET-2017.Score should refer to the respective institute Website and apply.
Stage-3: Attend further selection process of the chosen institutes, if invited.
- Each institute has its own cut-off score, as mentioned in the prospectus.
- The institutes will announce short-listed candidates for the purpose of further selection process.
- The institutes will announce the list of short-listed candidates and the waiting list.
- For learning the details of selection process and schedules, please refer to the Website of respective institute(s).
- Whereas adequate care is taken to ensure that there are no mistakes while reading answer sheets through the scanning machine, there are no provisions or re-evaluation of answer sheets of candidates.
- The scores published by the Symbiosis Test Secretariat shall be final and shall not be subject to any appeal for revaluation.
- The SET score card will be available on the Website for a period of one month from the date of declaration of results, i.e., from Friday, May 19, 2017 to Tuesday, June 20, 2017.
- Those candidates who choose to pay through cash or DD, should ensure the following:
- Bank challan for cash payment, (Axis Bank/Indian Bank) or
- Demand Draft along with payment advice form for DD payment reaches
Symbiosis Test Secretariat by April 26, 2016 at the following address:-
Symbiosis Test Secretariat
Symbiosis International University
Gram: Lavale, Tal: Mulshi, Dist: Pune - 412115.
Symbiosis Test Secretariat will not be responsible for non-delivery or any delay on the part of courier/postal services.
- To complete the registration process, a candidate is required to register online for SET Test at www.set-test.org and appear for the test. It is also mandatory to complete the payment of the preferred institute for preferred programme before the closing date of payment for the institute.